My Fav. Songs

December 2, 2008

Wycliffe


It was when I was doing my 2nd semester. One sunday, I think it was a mission sunday (I'm not sure, I forgot already ^.0), our church held an exhibition on religious books and moreover some NGOs and Mission Org. also participated in that event. So, when the service was over, I was just looking around the place. Wow.. WYCLIFFE Bible Translation Association!! I was curious and peeped my nose around that stuff. An uncle who was in charge came and explained on what I asked. By the time he asked me how I came to S'pore, I told him ..blur blur blur... :D
Then, he said this org. is also imparting those who are interested in IT field and help out in churches. And he even gave his visiting card to me. While I was on the way back home, I was pondering of joining them. So, next day, when I finished my class, I just went down to where Wycliff locates... From then on, I could explore as much as I like from that org. Basically, all staff are just volunteers and most of them are pastors from their churches. How amazing!
My uncle, one boy (also like me but from another church) and me were in charge of IT. Only after some time, I came to know that my uncle is a CEO of an IT company.. oops! The rest mostly focus on translation.
During I was there, every afternoon before lunch, we had devotion. I don't know why I was very happy to be with them. To be honest, I gained much more knowledge and experience by being there just for a couple of weeks than being in GCC for years. I don't mean my GCC was a louisy one. All were just cos of my flaws. Without practicals and weird quests to teachers, I'm hardly engrossed by my lessons since I was a mere girl. :D Later on, I couldn't go along with them anymore for some reasons. But, I'm sure, if there's a God's will, I'll go back to Wycliff one day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ညီမငယ္ရဲ႕ ဆႏၵေတြ တစ္ေန႕တစ္ခ်ိန္မွာ အျမန္ထေျမာက္ေအာင္ျမင္ပါေစ ဆုေတာင္းေပးေနမယ့္ ... ။

ခင္မင္ေလးစားမႈမ်ားစြာနဲ႕ ကိုေလး

alvinnaw said...

ဟုတ္.. ကိုေလး။ ေက်းဇူး ^J^

Post a Comment

Post a Comment