My Fav. Songs

February 10, 2009

The Bible Church & Mt. Sinai Cell


(Around Mid June ’07…)

Eee… it’s quite far and takes time to attend the service at Thomson Church as it’s in Novena. Then, I stay in Clementi. So.. how?? I had been involving there since I was in s’pore. Actually, I was just a lazy bone and so I thought of something and looked around my neighbourhood. At that time, Ginza Plaza (now, West Coast Plaza) was still under renovation. Beside it, ohh… there’s a church!! It’s very near to my house, huhh?? Only 5 mins walk! It’s in West Coast road between Ginza plaza and the Clementi Woods where I used to go for jogging. :D

On Sunday, I alone went down to that church. Oops.. in fact, the building name is “Clementi Bible Centre” inside got 2 churches: The Bible Church, Singapore and Mt. Carmel BP Church.. and moreover, there is a Clementi Wood Kindergarden. The kindergarden is in ground floor. The bible church’s sanctuary and it’s offices, classrooms are in 1st floor, Mt. Carmel BP church’s ones are in 2nd floor. Both churches have same worshipping times with two English services: 8.30 and 10.45am. Each also has other dialect worship services. On my very first Sunday at that building, I did attend both churches, u know? That’s why I had been to Mt. Carmel church, too. On that day, I even joined the young adult group’s retreat from Mt. Carmel church cos they welcomed me by name as I was very new to them. After that, I don’t know why I chose The Bible Church… may be cos of God’s will lorr..

As I was the only one Myanmar there, they recognized me and gradually, I came to know with all ministry staff, uncles and aunties from that church. Moreover, due to the Alpha Course, our relationtionship’s getting stronger and stronger. Most of my uncles and aunties are from Mt. Sinai Cell group. They are keen to do mission to our Myanmar people, so through me, we tried to outreach to Myanmars residing in s’pore. I brought my bros and siss to Alpha Course and from then on, we could build a small Myanmar group with Mt. Sinai Cell. We often gathered and had fellowship lunch and all that. It’s quite odd that all my bros and siss whom I brought to the church and Alpha Course were not of the same religion with me. :D But, I assure they might enjoy being with us.


Nevertheless, I was just schooling at that time. I still remember and do thank to one of my aunties for taking care of me during my exam. She even cooked a wonderful unforgettable dish for me. Other aunties also looked after me like their child. Uncles drove us to many places and let us try the s’pore atmosphere. Apart from Sentosa and Pula Ubin where most Myanmar go, I have been to all over s’pore already and could taste fantastic local and western foods which I even didn't dream about... cos of them. ^.^Ultimately, in the midst of the blues, heavy heart and hard knocks, my aunties and uncles were ready to pray for me, mentor me and soothe me. I just can’t imagine of God’s greatness on me and at the same time, I could go through what the Bible says: “We are one in Christ.” Then, I would like to add one thing that sometimes, water can be thicker than blood. So far, by God’s grace, I haven’t crossed the path with any prejudice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment