My Fav. Songs

February 10, 2009

Good News Club

Aunty Mary asked me whether I was free on Saturday mornings. I simply replied that “Yes, I’m.” I was just schooling and worked part time only in the evenings. So.. ok lorr. As I’m the one who can’t stay without doing something mahh.. :D Aunty Mary is in charge of Children Ministry and currently running the GNC at the Bible Church. Actually, GNC is under CEF (Children Evangelical Fellowship). At first, I just helped out in preparing crafts and assisted Aunty Mary in whatever she needs. Later, she gave me some more responsibilities.

I gradually noticed about myself that I do really enjoy dealing with kids. All my boys and girls are so cute and innocent but they r smarter than u all, u know?? :P On the other hand, I feel sorry for my Myanmar kids. If I have a hit to built a community for my Myanmar kids and give the same atmosphere like here, how nice it’ll be. Here, kids can widen their knowledge since K1, K2.. cos they can utilize variety of supported materials. Then, in GNC, one thing which made me impressed was everything’s well-prepared and takes serious. Before we start each class, we always have devotion and a quick briefing. After the classes give over, we still have an overall revision on that day’s activities and thrash out in which ways we can make better and better.
A special event “Mission Sunday” is still sticking in my mind. Every year, the GNC use to celebrates mission Sunday and that year was for Myanmar and I was there. Amazing! Purposely, I could manage to serve some of our traditional foods and let all kids try. I found out that they were quite health-conscious and most of them dared not try new things.. not like Myanmar kids. :P That made me feel a bit awkward lahh.. cos for us, we can give a try on every kind of foods mahh.. can’t we??
After I had finished my studies and cos of my work, I temporary pause helping out there.. Sighhh.. I miss my kids!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment