My Fav. Songs

February 11, 2009

YMCA, Singapore.

One of my colleagues emailed me to take part in the count down party for the Youth Olympic 2010. Being a volunteer of YMCA, ok lor… :D So, after the class, I just went down to YMCA, Singapore. There, we had a short briefing and then, marched from YMCA, Orchard all the way down to Cityhall. The event was between Parliament and St. Andrew’s Cathedral, opposite to Pennisula plaza where F1 race 2008 was befalled. :P Within our group, there were students from YMCA training classes, beneficiaries and we, volunteers. By the time we passed by SMU, we met with Dr. Vivian and Mr. Teo. At first, I totally didn’t know that they were VIPs. Oops! only when my colleague passed our group photo to me, I was surprised. They didn’t show off and they were just the same as us, not like those big gangs from my country. :PWhen we reached there, there were also many other organizations and associations gathering for that so called “special event”. To be frankly, till at that time, I had not realized their purpose of holding that event and how crucial that event was for them. Then, it turned to 6pm.. other VIPs arrived and PM Lee gave speech. Live broadcast was being shown on the big screen as the final decision would be made whether S’pore or Russia be the host for Youth Olympics 2010.. Once the committee announced that S’pore was chosen to be the host for it, all jumped with joy and the artists, artistes, vocalists started entertaining. How would you feel at that time?? Me.. my body was shivering cos of the music and at the same time, I got some strange feelings.
I’m not a Singaporean. But whatever I do or wherever I’m, I use to be the only Myanmar among them. And I feel that they never regard me as a peculiar one or from another country. Whenever I met someone, he/she guessed I’m a Singaporean. When I replied “no”, they still kept on guessing that whether I’m a Malay or Philippino. Some even guessed I might be a Thai. They never thought that I’m from Myanmar.. sooooo furny (s’pore accent)! :P So, by the time they were happy for their country, u think I could be as happy as them?? Of course not. I felt sorry for myself that I don’t have such kinda chance to be gala for my country. U know?? My eyes were filled with tears.. I was alone on my way back to home with empty mind…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment