My Fav. Songs

November 26, 2008

Is this so called improvement ??


I was a high school graduate and the next school seasoning also had not started yet, I just passed my days at SAG, Sir. U Tun Aung Kyaw's class and the library "Millennium Self Access Center". I was so pleased to read as many books as I could from those places and could broaden my horizons. Then, by the time I had to attend the GCC, I could no more continue getting the hang of lessons at SAG but I tried to give my time for Sir. U Tun Aung Kyaw's class. If not, I'm sure my English would become terribly bad. I was not a good student for my College but I dared not even bunk Sir. U Tun Aung Kyaw's class. :D

After that, I did not pursue my Hons. course and left my hometown. During I was in yangon, it was quite inconvenient to go to USIS and BC everyday as I did in taunggyi. My language proficiency esp. reading skill had started dropping already. Anyhow, I could attend Sir. Moses Stirling's class. I wondered his way of teaching is almost the same with Sir. U Tun Aung Kyaw's. Throughout my life, I have never done any courses like "English Speaking courses" or courses which give certs. lol... so, I don't have any certs. lorr..
However, I do thank God that I could manage to be trained under those sorta teachers. Then, I was about to say goodbye to my land for good cos basically, we all just intended for better future, right? But, since I stepped on this islet till now, my English gets worse let alone to compose a simple essay at the moment. I become more use to in Singlish rather than English like... yeah lor, no lahh, correct mahh!!, mar kan already?... Apart from office hours and when I meet up with my uncles and aunties, I just communicate in burmese even in this terrain. Anyhow, I'm blessed that most of my aunties, uncles are well-educated and so I still have a chance to be able to improve my language skill. At first, I was quite satisfied on my Singlish. Later on, when I have to deal with pure English people at work esp. in meetings, I found out that indeed, they rather prefer their own English to Singlish. So, no choice to practise my old English lor!! :D

I give my gratitude that I owe to my great teachers: Teacher Gyi (YMCA Kindergarden), Teacher Kay Thi, Aunty Gyi (Teacher Daw Nyunt Nyunt Hlaing), Sir. U Tun Aung Kyaw, Sir. Edward, Father Clay, Sir. Moses Stirling by writing this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment