My Fav. Songs

November 25, 2008

A-L-V-I-N-N-A-W

It was on one Saturday and I was almost to take a nap after having my heavy lunch. Wahh... so sleepy!! But cannot lahh..otherwise, I would be like a Sumo. :P
So, I was just wandering in my mom's garden though I'm not a kinda flower lover. Then, I saw a postman walking towards my yard. Of course, he was bringing an American Mosaic and 2 more magazines which I subscribed as monthly package. After a while, I was already on my way of reading them. Wow.. I was quite impressed by an article regarding of the latest submarine named "Alvin". The article mentioned that apart from it, there were no other submarines which could go as deep as "Alvin" so far. I know that "Alvin" is also a common boy's name but hardly used or given among our people.
At the same time, I recalled my memory of having a conversation with one of my Sunday school teachers. At that time, he shared about his experiences on how western people think. I still remember that I even argued with him as it is my naughty action I used to do on him.
(By the time his English friend asked him what his name was, he simply answered that his name is A. Then, the fella kept on asking him what his name was. He also just replied that his name is A. After that, he got shocked by his fella's words that he just wanna know whether he had his own name or was A the name given by his parents. At first, he was confused but later he came to know that MOST westerners try to stand on their own even on such matters.)
Kk... the point is I was quite fond of that idea and would like to have a name given by myself lorr.. During that time, using internet was also eminent among youngsters in my hometown and so I was thinking of opening an email account. What should I give my username?? Ahh.. a-l-v-i-n-n-a-w, is it cool?? ^.0 From then on, I just keep on using this ID till now. I realised that everyone can give his/her ID as he/she likes and as many IDs as he/she wants. But for me, I'm fed up with such thingys cos I use to take everything serious which is not good indeed. I started with "alvinnaw" and I value it though I intended it as a nickname. "alvinnaw" became part of my life and ultimately, I could apply only this ID "alvinnaw" for whatever I need to sign up. :D
Besides "alvinnaw", I don't have any ordained English name like others. I don't need it and actually, I don't want. Sometimes, I'm cranky. Why must I have an English name unless it's obligatory? Of course, I accept that being in overseas, we have to attune with our atmosphere. Yet, I'm still "Naw" and address myself just as "Naw" even to my people of this land. But, for some exceptional situations, I use to title as "Alvinna" cos basically, "Alvin" is for male and "Alvinna" for female. And now i'm a young lady mahh.. :D Since then, "alvinnaw", "alvinna", "alvin" (for who do not know me) become my official names.


To be frankly, my relatives and even my family haven't known about "ALVINNAW" yet. ^.0


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment